Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 5 November 2010

Info Post

This year, my daughter Gina is in fifth grade, and she's in the classroom right next to mine. Her teacher is the young man I mentored three years ago when he started teaching at my school.

It's been a fun and strange year so far. At least one third of my homeroom class has been to my house for a pool party or a slumber party -- and therefore, have seen me in my bathing suit and/or pajamas.

Today, I bring you Gina with a guest post on the situation from her point of view:

Having My Mom in the Classroom Next Door by Gina Salerni

Having my mom in the classroom next door is a good thing and a bad thing. It’s good because if I forget something like money for the book fair I can just go over and get some. It’s also a good thing because if I forget a note for something after school like science fair or Girl Scouts I can always go get one.

It’s a bad thing because if I miss one assignment she will find out very quickly! It’s also a bad thing because all my friends say every day “I saw your mom today.” And that can get very annoying!

It’s also kind of weird because if I am in the hallway I’m likely to run into her and be surprised. Also if the door is open, I can hear her teaching and that is weird. She comes into my classroom too if she needs to give my teacher something or get something from him. It’s also weird for my friends because some of them are in her class. So at school she’s their teacher, but after school she’s carpooling them to a birthday party.

Overall having my mom as a teacher next door is just weird! Just wait until we switch classes during science and she’s MY teacher for a few weeks!


Yup! Her homeroom comes to me in less than two weeks for my unit on Environmental Science. That should be interesting. We've discussed whether she or not she will address me as Mrs. Salerni -- but I'm not holding out much hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment