Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 25 July 2011

Info Post
I have my daughter Gina here today reviewing the first book in The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan.

The Red Pyramid -- reviewed by Gina Salerni

This is one of the best books I have ever read and I highly suggest you read it too. This book is by Rick Riordan who is also the author of the Percy Jackson series.

This book is about Carter and Sadie Kane. Carter travels the world with his dad to many places such as Egypt. Their mom died when they were younger so Sadie lives with their grandparents and only sees her dad a couple of times a year. One night they go to a British Museum where their dad casts a spell which releases several gods. One god is Set who is a god of chaos and traps their father in a coffin and takes him away.

They find out that they are descendants of the Pharaohs and learn that they are hosting the gods Horus and Isis inside of them. And that they must go defeat Set with the help of the goddess Bast and a sorceress named Zia to get their father back and save the world from turning into total chaos, while also avoiding other dangerous enemies.

I would recommend this book because it is excellently written and has a great story line. My favorite part was when they met Bast who was possessing Sadie’s cat Muffin. (That was a surprise for them.) One part I didn’t like was the 5 Elements. I’ve heard of the 4 Elements: Earth, Air, Wind, and Fire, but I thought making Cheese the 5th Element was kind of dumb.

Personally, I think Cheese as the 5th Element sounds pretty cool, but Gina assures me she was not amused.

0 comments:

Post a Comment