Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 2 August 2010

Info Post

By the time you read this post, I’ll be at Disney with the family – hopefully having a fabulous time! If this is Monday (and by this time I may have lost track), we are probably at Magic Kingdom, based on my husband’s complex schedule. I know for certain that on Tuesday, the four of us will be taking the Aqua Seas Tour, snorkeling in the aquarium at Epcot! I did this 5 years ago with my older daughter, and it was awesome. I can’t wait for the four of us to do it together!

Today, I have a guest post from my itinerant book reviewer:

Gina’s Review: Notes From a Liar and Her Dog, by Gennifer Choldenko

A girl named Antonia (Ant for short) absolutely adores her dog Pistachio and will do anything for him. She’ll even sneak out her bedroom window while she’s grounded for him. Ant will get out of trouble by lying a lot. Ant has a friend named Harrison who likes to draw animals. So when Ant and Harrison’s art teacher asks them to join a zoo program, they agree. They have to do some interesting jobs there. But things get complicated when Ant brings Pistachio to the zoo because she has to give him a pill at 12:00 and all of her family hates the dog so she doesn’t want to leave him at home. Pistachio gets out of her pocket and goes in the lion cage, which ends up being very dangerous!

My favorite part is when Ant and Harrison are working at the zoo. It’s funny because one of the friends is feeding a gentle giraffe while the other is cleaning out a lion cage while a lion is growling from a different cage. Ant’s lying made her a very interesting character because no matter what she did she lied to get out of trouble. This is a really good book by Gennifer Choldenko and she is a good author. Any person who likes realistic fiction would like this book.


Thanks, Gina! It’s kind of awesome and amazing that my baby is old enough to write guest posts on my blog AND snorkel with me in a big fish tank at Epcot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment