Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 22 February 2012

Info Post
My 11-year-old daughter can't resist a villain, so I knew she'd like this book as soon as I saw it promoted on Marva Dasef's website.  After you read Gina's review, be sure to visit the site of Ardyth DeBruyn to check out her other titles.


A School for Villains (Dark Lord Academy) By: Ardyth DeBruyn  Reviewed by Gina Salerni

Danny had a perfectly normal and happy life, until his dad decided to send him to Dark Lord Academy to become a villain. He is soon carted off against his will and ends up at this evil school. Danny, newly named Zxygrth (Zex-ee-grith), meets some children who actually want to be villains. 

Zxygrth immediately tries to find a way to get away from this horrid school. He determines escaping is impossible so he tries to get expelled. But, getting expelled from a school for villains is harder than you think. Zxygrth kills a teacher in a prank gone wrong and gets rewarded for it! So, he tries being a good person. Soon, he gets into a whole mess of trouble involving a hateful teacher, a second-in-command minion, and a sword that wants to kill him.

I would recommend A School for Villains to someone who likes humorous books about being evil, like Vordak the Incomprehensible.  My favorite part is when a hero meets Zxygrth and wants to battle him, but Zxygrth just wants him to go away. I’d highly recommend this book.

Special thanks to Gina for writing this review, which she gave me for my birthday and told me to hold onto it until I needed it.  Since I'm knee-deep in revisions for THE CAGED GRAVES this week -- I needed it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment