Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 26 September 2011

Info Post

My daughter Gina is guest blogging today with a review of Vordak: Rule the School. She previously reviewed Vordak’s first book; you can find that one here. (She even dressed up like him for the occasion. See below.)

Vordak the Incomprehensible: Rule the School

Vordak has gotten a bit out of shape from when he was an evil mastermind. Now he’s too lazy to do anything but lie around all day. So, he builds an age altering device so he can make himself younger, but is too impatient to test it. This results in him being reverted to his teenage years. Unfortunately, one of the key parts of the machine burnt out so he was stuck until he could find another one, which is a few blocks away at a middle school.

So Vordak the Incomprehensible attends middle school, which is much harder than he remembered. Vordak still has to find the part he needs. And the teachers obviously have something against him; why else would they give him such bad grades? Soon his plan is more than finding the new part. It’s also about humiliating his mortal enemy; Commander Virtue. With his complex plans, there is no way he couldn’t defeat Commander Virtue, right?

I like the first Vordak book better, but this one was good, too. The first book was a manual for supervillains, but this book is more like a story. It doesn’t give you any evil advice, which disappointed me, but I can still get that from Vordak’s blog. I’d recommend this book to readers who like humorous stories about evil-doers with big helmets!

Gina’s serious about the blog, which is called Glorious Me. In linking to it, I was not surprised to find Vordak answering a letter last week which asked:

Magnificently Handsome and Majestically Evil Vordak,

My mortal enemy comes to my neighborhood, and I forgot to charge my death ray. What do I do?

Gina, age 11

I’m not sure what’s more alarming: the fact that my 11 year old daughter writes to fictional villains for advice or the fact that she has a mortal enemy! As for the death ray – so THAT’S what she and my husband were building in the garage. Aha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment