Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 10 September 2010

Info Post

There’s a reason Dread Daughter #1 doesn’t often appear on my blog. She’s too busy building her own online presence – something I only appreciated when I checked her stats on YouTube and discovered her growing popularity.

Gabrielle films and posts “walk-throughs” for her favorite video game: Zelda. I didn’t really understand what this was all about, but I was astounded by the number of videos she’s posted and the following she’s built! No wonder I hear the Zelda theme music in my sleep!

Interview with ZeldaGirl367

1. What is a video game walk-through?

A video game walkthrough is where you record yourself playing a video game all the way through and then post it online for people to look at if they are stuck in that game.

2. I can understand that someone might want tips on getting through a challenging section, but why do people watch you play the whole game?

People watch me play the whole game because they think I am funny, or because they find it interesting to watch people play video games.

3. How many kinds of walk-throughs are there?

There are two kinds. A 100% walkthrough, where you go through the game and win every mini-game, get every item, every treasure chest, explore all the areas. And then there is just a normal walkthrough, where you show only the essential parts of the game, maybe getting an extra item or two here and there.

4. How do Zelda fans find you?

Some go online and look for videos to help them with a game, and depending upon what they type, my videos might come up. Other people might find me through one of their own video game walkthroughs.

5. Who are your followers? What age group and gender?

I assume that they are all mostly Zelda fans, like me, but since Youtube allows users to be anonymous, I can’t be sure of who they are or what country they live in.

6. WHY would someone pay money for this game and then learn how to play it by watching you? Isn’t that CHEATING?

In one way...yes. But different people find different things challenging, and they might not be able to get through a specific part without a little help. So I post the entire game walkthrough, so anyone can look up any part of the game and find out how to do it.

7. How did YOU learn to play the game? Did you use walk-throughs?

I learned to play the game myself. I only used a walkthrough once when I couldn’t find a specific item that was essential to the game.

PHEW! I’m glad to know she actually learned to persevere and do her own problem-solving! If you know a Zelda fan who needs a few tips, send them to the ZeldaGirl367 channel on YouTube.

My husband says there’s a market for this. Hmmm … perhaps Gabrielle should be charging a fee?

0 comments:

Post a Comment